Seven apartments damaged in Bath Township fire

BATH TOWNSHIP — Seven apartments sustained fire, smoke, heat and water damage after a Sunday afternoon fire at Northlake Village Apartments. No occupants or firefighters were injured, according to a press release from Bath Township Fire Department Chief Joe Kitchen.

The Bath Township Fire Department responded to 1735 Lucille Drive at 5:27 p.m. Sunday. As firefighters arrived, they observed heavy smoke and flames coming from the rear of the building on the second floor.

Firefighters needed approximately 30 minutes to get the fire under control, with assistance from firefighters from American Township, Lima and Perry Township. Units remained on the scene for about three hours.

The fire was ruled accidental and remains under investigation.

Multiple displaced residents were assisted by the American Red Cross.

The preliminary estimate is $70,000 worth of damage. Northlake Village Apartments are owned by Monarch Investment and Management Group, of Franktown, Colorado. The apartments, built in 1972, are valued at $2.2 million, according to the Allen County Auditor’s website.