7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Bluffton University’s spring musical is “Quilters,” based on the book “The Quilters: Women and Domestic Art” by Norma Bradley. Performances will be held at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday at Yoder Recital Hall. This spectacle of music, dance and storytelling will take audiences through the experiences of pioneer women on the prairies, with each story represented by a quilt block. Tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for seniors and can be purchased at http://www.bluffton.edu/tickets.
Almost Famous Open Mic Night
8 p.m. Thursday
If it is Thursday, that means it is Almost Famous Open Mic Night at the Ohio Theatre, 122 W. North St., Lima. If you want to share your talent with the world, whether that is in singing, acting, poetry, music, juggling, comedy or something else, sign up for a 10-minute time slot and take the stage. Slots can be reserved by going to http://www.ohiotheatrelima.com. There is no cover charge for this event.
Dog-Gone Egg Hunt
1 p.m. Saturday
The Ohio SPCA and Humane Society of Allen County is out to show that Easter is not just for the kids. Take your four-legged friend out to the Humane Society, 3606 Elida Road, Lima, at 1 p.m. Saturday for a “Dog-Gone Egg Hunt” where dogs will get to hunt for toys and treat-filled plastic Easter eggs. The event will even include a photo opportunity with the Easter Bunny. The event is weather permitting.
Sister Hazel in concert
7:30 p.m. Saturday
Long one of the top acts in the adult alternative music scene and now breaking into the country music charts, Sister Hazel is coming to Van Wert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. With songs like “All for You” and “Lighter in the Dark” appearing on the charts, Sister Hazel promises a night of great music centered around the fans. Tickets start at $35 and are available online at http://www.vanwertlive.com.
Spring LOL Festival
1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday
Get “out of the gloom and into the bloom” at Moon Root Coffee’s Spring LOL Festival from 1 to 6 p.m. at Moon Root Coffee, 674 W. Elm St., Lima. The event will include food trucks, vendors, a children’s area, a beer and wine garden and live music. Entry is $8.
• Cabin Fever BBQ: 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Cridersville United Methodist Church, 105 Shawnee Road, Cridersville.
• Broasted Pork Chop Dinner: 5 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 1275, 124 E. Elm St., Lima.
• Spring Show: 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, ArtSpace/Lima, 65 Town Square, Lima.
• National Robotic Football Tournament: 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Ohio Northern University, 525 S. Main St., Ada.
• Easter Cantata: 9:30 a.m. Sunday, Pandora United Methodist Church, 108 E. Washington St., Pandora.
• Brass Concert: 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Bluffton University, 1 University Drive, Bluffton.
• Tri-Moraine Audubon Society: Family Fun Night: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Ohio State Lima, 4240 Campus Drive, Lima.
Share your events by emailing [email protected]. Find our daily community calendar online at LimaOhio.com/calendar.