Friday night fire causes $80,000 damage

LIMA — The Lima Fire Department responded to a fire located at 1519 N. Main St. at 9:15 p.m. Friday evening. The fire was reportedly started by a ‘faulty’ heating unit according to Captain Lee Short. Firefighters were on the scene until 11:35 p.m.

“The fire went through the ductwork of the heating system and traveled all throughout the building,” said Short. “That is why the crew was there so long. They were chasing/cutting through the roof to get to the fire.”

The plaza, owned by Musil Investments, LLC, has $80,000 in property damage and $10,000 in content damage. No injuries were reported in the fire.