Ehora, Glenn, Wilkerson win Lima council races


Ehora, Glenn and Wilkerson

Ehora, Glenn and Wilkerson


LIMA — A pair of newcomers will join Lima’s council in 2020 after knocking off incumbents in Tuesday’s general election.

In the 2nd Ward, Tony Wilkerson earned 62.6% of the votes, compared to incumbent Sam McLean’s 37.4% of the vote.

In the 4th Ward, Peggy Ehora captured 64.3% of the votes. The incumbent, Rebecca Kreher, got 35.7% of the vote.

In the 6th Ward, Derry Glenn kept his seat for another term, earning 56.4% of the vote. Challenger Cleven Jones had the remaining 43.6%.

Council President John Nixon was technically unopposed, as his opponent, Josiah Mathews, withdrew from the race after ballots were printed. Nixon officially had 64.2% of the vote, compared to Mathews’ 35.8%.

Read more about this story in Wednesday’s The Lima News.

Ehora, Glenn and Wilkerson
https://www.limaohio.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2019/11/web1_Combined-1.jpgEhora, Glenn and Wilkerson

Post navigation