LIMA — A forecasted dry weekend with comfortable temperatures could make this an ideal weekend to head out to an area farmers’ market or take a hike:
• The Wapakoneta Farmers’ Market opens for the season from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. starting Saturday in the Auglaize County Courthouse parking lot, 201 S. Willipie St., Wapakoneta. The markets continue through October and are an ideal place to find jams, jellies, local honey, maple syrup, vegetables, flowers, baked goods or artisan crafts.
• The Bluffton Farmers Market also opens this weekend, with plans to run from 8:30 a.m. to noon every Saturday through October in the Citizens National Bank parking lot, 102 S. Main St., Bluffton. You can find local produce, plants and cottage foods there. Find a vendor directory online at j.mp/3vmW1AC.
• A community barn sale is set for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at County Line Church, 4227 N. Hardin Road, Harrod.
• Check out Haver Ridge Metro Park, 8335 Bellefontaine Road, Lima, with a spring hike at 8:30 a.m. or 10 a.m. Saturday. Learn more about all of the Johnny Appleseed Metropolitan Park District locations at jampd.com.
• Poets, musicians, rappers and singers get their chance to perform at the Lima Land Poetry Slam, starting at 7:30 p.m. Friday night at SUNE Elevated Studios, 1174 W. North St., Lima. The event is free, but bring cash for refreshments and tips. You can sign up the day of the event, with donations appreciated.
• A virtual Kentucky Derby party from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday benefits the Equestrian Therapy Program. There are auctions and other fun planned, with post time for the Derby at 6 p.m. You can even create your own smaller parties in your home, which is a perfect opportunity to show off your Derby hat and mint julep recipe. Learn more online at j.mp/3v8ZYJ8.
• Mothers and sons can dress up as their favorite superheroes for the Mother/Son Superhero Party from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday at the Lima YMCA, 345 S. Elizabeth St., Lima. It’s free for members and $6 for non-members. There will be activities, dancing and fun to help build stronger friendships between the generations. Refreshments are available for a small donation.
• The Tri-State Gun Show runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at the Allen County Fairgrounds, 2750 Harding Highway, Lima. Admission is free for members and $6 for non-members, with children under 18 free.