1. TOLEDO CENTRAL CATHOLIC: The Irish (13-2, 7-0 TRAC) won the Division III state title last season behind three 1,000-yard rushers, quarterback Marcus Winters and tailbacks Tre’Von Wade and Michael Warren. Winters is gone, but Wade (1,670 yards, 27 TDs) and Warren (2,055 yards, 26 TDs) both return in the TCC’s run-happy offense. Warren was first team all-TRAC.
2. TOLEDO WHITMER: Whitmer (7-4, 5-2 TRAC) handled Lima Senior 41-7 last season. Running back Malik Moore and quarterback Chase Bodeman are both back. Bodeman ran for 155 yards on 11 carries against the Spartans. Also back are first team all-TRAC players tight end Zamon Paris and lineman Kobee Houghtlen. Moore was second team all-TRAC.
3. LIMA SENIOR: The Spartans (8-3, 5-3 TRAC) need to replace their offensive line, but even with a new line, this team should score in bunches. Darius Gordon is back at quarterback and will throw to veterans Demontay Liles, Rico Stafford and first-team all-state Ruben Flowers.
4. FREMONT ROSS: Ross (7-4, 5-2 TRAC) made the playoffs last year, but gone are quarterback Jalen Slick and tailback Willie Arrington. Among the returnees are wide receiver Russ Yeast and running back Tyler Grine. Linebacker Tyler Schell was second team all-TRAC.
5. TOLEDO ST. JOHN’S: Lima Senior just held off St. John’s (2-8, 2-5 TRAC) last year in a shootout, 72-50. Returning for St. John’s is its quarterback, Matt Winzeler, who completed 38 of 68 for 569 yards with five TDs against the Spartans. His top receiver, Max McMormick (first team all-TRAC) is gone, but wide receiver Bennett Miller is back. Sean Rattay (first team all-TRAC) will anchor the offensive line. Tailback Tyler Turner returns to lead the ground game.
6. FINDLAY: Findlay (6-4, 3-4 TRAC) returns its second team all-TRAC running back Emmanuel Mogolu, who ran for 122 yards on 11 carries with a 62-yard TD in a 56-17 loss to the Spartans last year. Findlay graduated two first team all-TRAC players on defense in linebacker Sam Siampaus and back Nick Kiffmeyer.
7. OREGON CLAY: Clay went 2-8 (1-6 TRAC) last year and graduated second team all-TRAC tight end Blaze Okey. Returning on defense is second team all-TRAC back Lorenzo Levally.
8. TOLEDO ST. FRANCIS: St. Francis finished 1-9 last year (0-7 TRAC), and that was with first team all-TRAC running back Lamar Carswell, who took the ball out of the shotgun and seemed to carry the ball on nearly every play. Also gone is first team all-TRAC offensive lineman Andrew Dymarkowksi. First team all-TRAC defensive back Tevin Walker will lead the secondary.