Have you visited the Ada Public Library recently, followed it on Facebook, or used their user-friendly website? At the library, you and your family have opportunities for free Wi-Fi, free computer usage, free notary service, voter registration, and excellent programs for babies through adults, including book discussions for tweens and adults.
The Ada Public Library is asking the community to support a five-year renewal levy — no new taxes — on the Nov. 2 ballot! The purpose of the 1 mill levy is for current expenses. The levy would see the owner of a $100,000 house paying $2.50 a month, or $30.09 a year. It is projected to raise approximately $98,800 during the first year of collection.
Ada Public Library Facts:
• The Library staff is friendly and always ready to help patrons.
• The Library partners with the Ada Schools; pre-schools, area businesses, Friends of the Library, Ohio Northern University, and Vancrest of Ada.
• The popular summer reading program continues to encourage all ages to read.
• The Library provides Story time for the Ada school kindergarten and first-grade classes.
• Patrons have access to over six million items, including e-books, Blu-rays, DVDs, audio books, magazines, music CDs, movies, software, online databases, and educational materials; faxing/copying/printing services at reasonable rates, local newspapers, large selection of periodicals, large print books, digitally archived Ada newspapers, some dating back to 1859, and local history materials, including items of value for genealogy research and more.
Your yes vote will allow the library to continue its existing services and programs.
Connie Fleming, Chair
Ada Public Library Levy