We want to offer a tip of the hat and much kudos to the following:
• The 911 dispatcher who guided my wife through the request process and stayed with her until confirmation that the ambulance was on the way.
• The Shawnee Fire Department Ambulance service for its quick response to our request. The team functioned very smoothly and efficiently to assess and place me in the ambulance for transport.
• The EMT who stayed on the scene and talked to my wife, asking her if she was all right and if she had any further questions.
• The LMH OR personnel who determined that my condition warranted a period of in-house observation.
• The Nursing, Medical, and ancillary support staff of Ward 3S, LMH. Everyone showed a friendly, helpful attitude, mixed in with a demonstration of professional competency. They can be cited as a real example of LMH’s slogan of “This is what great care looks like.”
Frank & Helen Scalzi, Lima