There will be a one-mill, 5-year renewal levy for Senior Services on the election ballot Nov. 3rd. The levy will be for the benefit of senior citizens in Allen County. The services are provided by Allen County Council on Aging, Inc.; Senior Citizens Association of Bluffton; Senior Citizens Services, in Lima; and Delphos Senior Citizens, Inc. The levy has been supported by Allen County voters since 1989.
This is a renewal levy and will not involve any new taxes.
Everyone, including seniors, want to continue to maintain their independence in their own homes for as long as they are able and this levy helps to promote that independence.
A condensed combination of services and programs for the 4 agencies that this levy supports includes the following:
• Over 20,000 transportation trips per year for seniors over the last five years
• Adult Day Care Center serving up to 27 seniors per day
• CHORE program providing hedge trimming, mowing, gutter cleaning, minor repairs, etc.
• Medicare 101 program that has saved seniors over $2.9 million dollars in premium and prescription costs in the last 5 years
• Information and Referral Programs, Health and Wellness Programs
• Hundreds of hot meals for seniors, exercise programs and socialization events
Please help us to continue our services by supporting the Senior Citizens Services tax levy.
Michael K. Hensley, Executive Director Allen Co. Council on Aging, Inc.
Betsy Winget, Executive Director Senior Citizens Services
Tonya Meyer, Executive Director Senior Citizens Association of Bluffton
Alice Curth, Executive Director Delphos Senior Citizens, Inc.