ST. MARYS — Midwest Electric recently donated $15,750 to 14 west-central Ohio charities and community projects through the cooperative’s Community Connection Fund.
The latest recipients of grants include:
• St. Henry Volunteer Fire Department, Mercer County, $2,500 for new truck radios, portable radios, and a base radio.
• Fort Recovery Area Arts Council, Mercer County, $2,000 to repair the Morvelius Opera House roof.
• Minster Historical Society, Auglaize County, $2,000 to supplement operating costs.
• St. Anthony Dinner Theater, Mercer County, $1,000 for families in need.
• Lima Symphony Orchestra, Allen County, $1,000 for 2021 concerts.
• YMCA of Van Wert County, $1,000 for life jackets to use at Camp Clay Aqua Park.
• Choosing Life Pregnancy Center, Mercer County, $1,000 for online parenting classes.
• Mercer County Fairgrounds, $1,000 to offset lost revenue and Merry & Bright Christmas Lights.
• Community Health Professionals, Van Wert County, $1,000 for new CPR training units.
• Historic Main Street Van Wert, Van Wert County, $750 for downtown sound system.
• Gospel Singing Tent, Allen County, $500 for Allen County Fair entertainment.
• Van Wert County Humane Society, $500 for new animal shelter construction.
• Delphos Community Christmas Project, Allen County, $500 for toys, clothes, shoes, and coats for kids.
• Autism Life Center, Allen County, $500 for sensory bags.
• Spencerville-Jennings PTO, Allen County, $500 for headphone sets for Spencerville Elementary School.