LIMA — Lima Memorial Health System has been recognized by HIMSS Analytics for achieving Stage 6 on the EMR Adoption Model, which increases patient safety through physician documentation.
HIMSS Analytics developed the EMR Adoption Model in 2005 as a method of evaluating the progress and impact of electronic medical record systems for hospitals. Hospitals are tracked using eight stages (0-7).
To achieve stage 6, Lima Memorial Health System met the following criteria:
• Appeared to have a significant advantage over competitors for patient safety, clinician support, clinician recruitment and competitive marketing for both consumers and nurse recruitment.
• Have almost fully automated/paperless medical records when they implemented their IT applications across most of the inpatient care settings.
• Are either starting to evaluate their data for care delivery process improvements or have already documented significant improvements in this area.
• Have made investments that are within reach of most hospitals and recognize the strategic value of improving patient care with the EMR.
• Have begun to create strategic alignments with their medical staff to effectively utilize information technology to improve the patient safety environment.
• Are well positioned to provide data to key stakeholders such as payers, the government, physicians, consumers and employers, to support electronic health record environments and health information exchanges.