LIMA — Lima Memorial Health System has been recognized by HIMSS Analytics for achieving Stage 6 on the EMR Adoption Model, which increases patient safety through physician documentation.
HIMSS Analytics developed the EMR Adoption Model in 2005 as a method of evaluating the progress and impact of electronic medical record systems for hospitals. Hospitals are tracked using eight stages (0-7).
To achieve stage 6, Lima Memorial Health System met the following criteria:
• Appeared to have a significant advantage over competitors for patient safety, clinician support, clinician recruitment and competitive marketing for both consumers and nurse recruitment.
• Have almost fully automated/paperless medical records when they implemented their IT applications across most of the inpatient care settings.
• Are either starting to evaluate their data for care delivery process improvements or have already documented significant improvements in this area.
• Have made investments that are within reach of most hospitals and recognize the strategic value of improving patient care with the EMR.
• Have begun to create strategic alignments with their medical staff to effectively utilize information technology to improve the patient safety environment.
• Are well positioned to provide data to key stakeholders such as payers, the government, physicians, consumers and employers, to support electronic health record environments and health information exchanges.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU