• COVID-19 cases, deaths
Allen County: Confirmed cases: 88. Deaths: 12. Updated 2 p.m. 4/21/20
Auglaize County: Confirmed cases: 23. Deaths: 3. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/21/20
Hardin County: Confirmed cases: 20. Deaths: 0. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/21/20
Putnam County: Confirmed cases: 22. Deaths: 2. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/21/20
Van Wert County: Confirmed cases: 3. Deaths: 0. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/21/20
Ohio: Confirmed cases: 13,250. Death: 538. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/21/20
FOUR NEW DEATHS REPORTED IN REGION
Four people from the region died from COVID-19, one from Allen County and one from Auglaize County and two from Putnam County.
The Allen County Public Health said it did not have any data on the new death.
Allen County now has 11 total deaths, including seven women and four men.
The Auglaize County Health Department reported a 72-year-old man died from COVID-19.
“Auglaize County Health Department staff would like to express our deepest sympathies for his family’s loss and send our thoughts and prayers to them,” Auglaize County Health Commissioner Oliver Fisher said on the department’s Facebook page.
Auglaize County has six hospitalizations from its cases. Auglaize County now has two deaths — one man, one woman — attributed to COVID-19 and 23 confirmed cases.
The Putnam County Health Department reports a man in his 80s and a woman in her 60s are the first two recorded deaths from the disease in Putnam County.
• The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services asked for jobless claims to be filed based on the person’s last name on different days: A-H should file Sundays; I-P on Monday and Q-Z on Tuesdays. All letters can file Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
• Hardin County has three new confirmed cases.
• Putnam County has one new case.
• Mellow Mushroom will reopen its Eastown Road restaurant for takeout, curbside pickup and delivery service on Friday. The restaurant, which temporarily closed, will now sell beer and wine for curbside and takeout orders.
• The Scripps National Spelling Bee has been canceled for 2020, with organizers announcing there is “no clear path to safely set a new date in 2020.”
• Spain’s famous running of the bulls in Pamplona has been called off, as the nine-day San Fermin festival won’t take place.
• Germany called off its world-famous Oktoberfest beer festival in Munich.
• The Auglaize County Council on Aging along with Boy Scouts are helping to distribute food to seniors. On April 15 Troops 138 and 360 from St. Marys made around 30 stops between Minster and St. Marys.
• The Lima Noon Sertoma Club has canceled its 2020 Summer Speech Program due to coronavirus.
• The free youth meals at the SAFY Youth Drop-in Center, 658 W. Market St., Lima, have been moved to 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. every Friday. Parents/guardians can pick up meals for those under 17 living in their household.
Share your information at firstname.lastname@example.org.