ST. MARYS — Midwest Electric recently donated $13,500 to 15 west central Ohio charities and community projects through the cooperative’s Community Connection Fund.
Among the latest recipients of grants are:
• Rehabilitation Center for Neurological Development, Auglaize/Shelby Counties: $650 to purchase a plastic portable table for clients with sensory processing issues to use in the sensory garden while attending the center.
• New Knoxville Firefighters Association: $1,000 to purchase new pagers.
• Auglaize County Crisis Center: $1,500 to provide domestic violence services, 24-hour emergency response, safety planning, shelter, and case management.
• Wapakoneta High School: $100 to rent equipment and purchase food and prizes for the Wapakoneta High School post prom.
• Children’s Hunger Alliance, Allen County: $1,000 to provide year-round meals for area children in need.
• Allen County Sheriff’s Posse: $2,200 to purchase safety equipment for the horses and the deputies.
• Voices of Prosperity, Allen County: $500 to purchase a laptop, printer and Wi-Fi booster.
• The Arc of Allen County: $500 to purchase new LED lighting at Camp Robin Rogers.
Individuals or organizations can obtain an application by contacting Midwest Electric at 1-800-962-3830 or visiting midwestrec.com/community-connection-fund.