Putnam County under Red public health alert
• Putnam County is back under a Red public health alert after seeing an increase in outpatient and emergency department visits for COVID-19-like symptoms in the past two weeks. The county is also back on the Top 20 list of counties with the most coronavirus cases per capita with 75 new cases detected in the last 14 days. That translates to 221 cases per 100,000 people, the 12th highest in Ohio.
Dr. Bruce Vanderhoff, Ohio Department of Health chief medical officer, on Thursday said the increase in coronavirus activity in Ohio is largely due to highly contagious variants, which have become more prevalent in the last month.
• Allen, Van Wert and Auglaize counties remain under Orange alerts, while Hardin County remains Red.
New coronavirus cases in Allen County nursing homes, schools
• Burton’s Ridge assisted living community reported one new staff and one new resident case this week, according to Ohio Department of Health data released on Wednesday. In addition, there were three new resident cases at CRSI-Chesterton Home and two resident cases at CRSI-Pine Home intermediate facilities this week.
• Putnam County’s Hilty Memorial Home also reported two new resident cases and one staff case on Wednesday as well, according to Ohio Department of Health data.
• Apollo Career Center reported one new student case to the Ohio Department of Health on Thursday.
• In Putnam County, Columbus Grove reported five new student cases, Ottawa-Glandorf reported three student cases, St. Anthony reported two student cases and Continental schools reported one student case as of Thursday, according to Ohio Department of Health data.
Cases ` 11,180 ` +35
Deaths ` 228 ` 0
Recovered ` 10,651 ` +13
Cases ` 4,696 ` +13
Deaths ` 84 ` 0
Recovered ` 4,483 ` +5
Cases ` 2,603 ` +4
Deaths ` 63 ` 0
Recovered ` 2,466 ` +5
Cases ` 4,156 ` +13
Deaths ` 98 ` 0
Recovered ` 3,933 ` +3
Van Wert County
Cases ` 2,368 ` +4
Deaths ` 60 ` 0
Recovered ` 2,267 ` 0
Cases ` 1,033,606 ` +2,742
Deaths ` 18,741 ` 0
Recovered ` 978,269 ` +1,658
Recovered defined as symptom onset more than 21 days prior, not deceased. Only verified deaths included now, which is updated twice per week by the state.
Updated 2 p.m. 4/8/21
Share your information at firstname.lastname@example.org.