CLEVELAND — United Airlines is adding new summer-only service from Cleveland Hopkins to Pensacola, Florida; Portland, Maine; Myrtle Beach, Charleston and Hilton Head, South Carolina.
The new flights from Cleveland will start May 27 and will run just three times per week, through Labor Day (Sept. 6). The schedules — seasonal, and less than daily — are more typical of leisure-oriented, low-cost carriers, including Spirit, Frontier and Allegiant.
The new routes were part of a larger announcement today from United, which also is adding seasonal flights in Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Milwaukee and St. Louis.
The new United flights will use the carrier’s new Bombardier CRJ-550 aircraft, with 10 first-class seats, 20 Economy Plus seats, and 20 standard Economy seats.
According to airport officials, this is the first time, at least in many years, that Cleveland has had nonstop service to Pensacola, on the Florida panhandle. And Hopkins hasn’t had nonstop service to Portland, Maine, in years, since before United gave up its hub in Cleveland in 2014.
New CLE flight details:
• Cleveland to Pensacola: Monday, Thursday, Saturday; departing Cleveland at 2:25 p.m., arriving in Pensacola at 3:39 p.m.; departing Pensacola at 4:30 p.m., arriving in Cleveland at 7:41 p.m.
• Cleveland to Portland: Sunday, Wednesday, Friday; departing Cleveland at 9:50 a.m., arriving in Portland at 11:38 a.m.; departing Portland at 12:10 p.m., arriving in Cleveland at 2:02 p.m.
• Cleveland to Myrtle Beach: Sunday, Wednesday, Friday; departing Cleveland at 3:35 p.m., arriving Myrtle Beach at 5:24 p.m.; departing Myrtle Beach at noon, arriving in Cleveland at 1:57 p.m.
• Cleveland to Hilton Head: Sunday, Wednesday, Friday; departing Cleveland at 2:45 p.m., arriving in Hilton Head at 4:40 p.m.; departing Hilton Head at 5:15 p.m., arriving in Cleveland at 7:16 p.m.
• Cleveland to Charleston; Monday, Thursday, Saturday; departing Cleveland at 8:20 a.m., arriving in Charleston at 10:10 a.m.; departing Charleston at 10:40 a.m., arriving in Cleveland at 12:30 p.m.