ST. MARYS — Midwest Electric recently donated $11,500 to seven area charities and community projects through the cooperative’s Community Connection Fund.
The latest recipients of grants include:
• JTD Hospital Foundation, Auglaize County; $2,500 for iScreen Vision technology for pediatric vision screening.
• Andrews House of Hope, Allen County; $2,000 for their faith-based recovery house for women.
• New Knoxville Historical Society, Auglaize County; $2,000 to restore the exterior of 1845 log cabin.
• Family Care Options, Inc., Mercer County; $2,000 for a ceiling lift to move clients safely.
• Crossroads Crisis Center, Allen County; $1,500 to support victims of domestic violence.
• Mercer County Aktion Club; $1,000 for their scholarship fund and materials for service projects.
• United Way of Greater Lima, Allen County; $500 to help people with food, housing, health care, and utilities, including senior citizens.