Improperly vented fireplace leads to blaze with $30,000 in damages


LIMA — Lima firefighters responded Wednesday night to a two-alarm blaze that caused an estimated $30,000 to a city residence.

A spokesman for the Lima Fire Department said firefighters arrived at 1021 Cameron Lane shortly after 6:30 p.m. and found flames coming from the roof of the home owned by Donald Brandt.

The fire official said the occupants of the home had started a fire in a fireplace that was not properly vented, causing a blaze to break out in the attic.

https://www.limaohio.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2021/02/web1_Fire.jpg

Post navigation