STATE FINDS 30 NEW DEATHS IN REGION
There were 30 new deaths attributed to COVID-19 in data reported at 2 p.m. Thursday, but that doesn’t necessarily mean there’s been a big uptick.
The Ohio Department of Health “is currently reconciling COVID-19 deaths, including about 650 in today’s count,” it announced on its website. Most of the deaths occurred in November and December.
That accounted for the 30 deaths locally, including 17 in Allen County and four each in Auglaize, Hardin and Putnam counties and one in Van Wert County.
• Ohio’s indoor dining curfew expired at noon on Thursday due to the declining number of Ohioans hospitalized with COVID-19. There are now 1,800 COVID-19 patients in Ohio hospitals, down from 2,700 patients reported two weeks ago.
• Rite Aid announced that all pharmacy drive-thru locations will now offer COVID-19 testing to individuals who are at least 4 years old. Pre-registration is required online at www.riteaid.com.
• All area counties remain in a Level 3 (red) public emergency, meaning there’s very high exposure and spread of the virus.
• The state released its weekly school reporting. In Allen County, Apollo Career Center, Lima schools and Spencerville schools each had one new student case and one new staff case. Bluffton had one new student case.
In Auglaize County, St. Marys schools had four new student cases and one new staff case. New Knoxville schools and Wapakoneta had one new staff case each.
In Putnam County, Leipsic schools and Ottoville schools each had one new student case. Ottawa-Glandorf schools had one new staff case.
• Ohio also updated its case numbers for long-term care facilities.
In Allen County, CSI-Chesterton Home had three new resident cases. CareCore had two new resident cases and one new staff case. Elmcroft of Lima assisted living, Sarah Jane Living Center, The Springs of Lima and Wyngate Senior Community each had one new resident case. Liberty Nursing Centers of Lima, Lockhaven Apartments, Mennonite Memorial Home, Springview Manor and Vancrest of Delphos each had one new staff case.
In Auglaize County, Cridersville Healthcare Center had one new staff case.
In Putnam County, Oak Haven had one new resident case. Hilty Home had one new staff case.
Cases ` 10,526 ` +37
Deaths ` 153 ` +17
Recovered ` 9,798 ` +56
Cases ` 4,457 ` +10
Deaths ` 72 ` +4
Recovered ` 4,130 ` +14
Cases ` 2,352 ` +7
Deaths ` 39 ` +4
Recovered ` 2,065 ` +15
Cases ` 3,916 ` +4
Deaths ` 83 ` +4
Recovered ` 3,670 ` +16
Van Wert County
Cases ` 2,194 ` +12
Deaths ` 47 ` +1
Recovered ` 1,981 ` +11
Cases ` 931,437 ` +2,806
Deaths ` 12,577 ` +721
Recovered ` 848,058 ` +6,865
Recovered defined as symptom onset more than 21 days prior, not deceased.
Updated 2 p.m. 2/11/21
Share your information at firstname.lastname@example.org.