The defending Super Bowl Champion Kansas City Chiefs will face off tonight against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Super Bowl 55 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida.
Below are some numbers to kick around as you wait for the 6:30 pm kickoff on CBS.
JUST SAY NO
• It will be the 1st time in 37 years that Budweiser won’t air an ad during the Super Bowl (joining Coca-Cola, Hyundai and Pepsi).
• Only 10% of people remember the Super Bowl ads.
• 92% of the people who have bet on a Super Bowl lose money.
• 72%: Share of Americans who say they are unlikely to host or attend a Super Bowl party this year.
• Sarah Thomas will be the first female to referee a Super Bowl.
• It will be a cashless Super Bowl for fans attending the game. Credit cards only will be accepted for parking, concessions and souvenirs.
• Stadium fans are believed to spend 25% more when using credit cards.
FEEDING YOUR FACE:
• 10,821: Average calories a person eats during a Super Bowl party feast.
• 1.4 billion chicken wings will be chowed down during the Super Bowl.
• 10 million pounds of ribs will be sold for Super Bowl parties.
• 28 pounds of potato chips will be scarfed down.
• 67 percent more pizza is eaten on Super Bowl Sunday than on the average day.
• 90 percent more beer is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday than on the average day.
• $124,000: The bonus paid to each member of the winning Kansas City Chief’s last year.
• $62,000: The consolation prize given to members of the losing San Francisco 49ers.
• 14,500 fans and 7,500 vaccinated healthcare workers will be at Raymond James Stadium for Super Bowl LV (30% of the stadium’s capacity).
IT’S JUST MONEY
• $8,613: Lowest price of a Super Bowl LV ticket on the resale market (30% increase from 2020).
•$5,506: The average cost of a ticket in the past five Super Bowls.
Sources: WalletHub.com, Tribune News Service, Associated Press