KENTON — Hardin County Extension is partnering with Ohio State University AgCrops Team to provide free virtual winter meetings.
A weekly series called The Dirt on Soil Health: Investing Below the Surface begins Jan. 21 and continues through March 18. Farmers are invited to join all of the meetings or choose those that apply to them.
Certified Crop Adviser continuing education hours are available for live sessions.
Register at go.osu.edu/soilhealth2020.
The Dirt on Soil Health: Investing Below the Surface. In this weekly series, farmers, industry, and academic experts will weigh in on practical steps to improve soil health and measure impact on crop yield and farm profitability. Programs are Thursday mornings from 8:00 - 8:30. Programs details are given below. Register for the programs at http://go.osu.edu/soilhealth2020
• January 21 - What Can Soil Health Tests Tell You? Steve Culman
• January 28 - Can Improving Soil Health Improve Yield? Jordon Wade
• February 4 - Cover Crop Management, Hans Kok
• February 18 - Compaction Solutions, Scott Shearer
• February 25 - Soil Health in Ohio, Elizabeth Hawkins and Steve Culman
• March 4 - What’s the Return on Investing in Soil Health? Rick Clark
• March 18 - Programs and Funding to Support Soil Health