MINSTER — The Minster Local Schools Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 11 in the elementary large group meeting room, 50 E. Seventh St., Minster.
MINSTER BOARD OF EDUCATION
Meeting: Monday, January 11, 2021
Elementary Large Group Meeting Room - 7:00pm
I. Call to Order: Connie Meiring, President Pro Tempe
II. Roll Call: Laura Klosterman, Treasurer
III. General Business:
1. Election of a president for one year
2. Election of a vice-president for one year
3. Oath of office for president and vice-president (after which the newly elected president assumes the chair)
4. Set date, time, and place of regular meetings (currently third Monday of each month @ 7:00 p.m. in the elementary large group meeting room)
IV. Appointment to Committees (Board President makes the appointments)
1. Appoint a representative to the District Leadership Team
2. Appoint member to serve as representative to Tri-Star Career Compact Advisory Council
3. Appoint member to serve as representative to Athletic Council
4. Appoint member to serve as representative to Recreation Committee
5. Appoint member to serve as representative to the Levy Committee
6. Appoint a representative to the Scholarship Fund
7. Appoint a representative to the Community Fund
8. Appoint a representative to the Community Improvement Committee
V. Consent Agenda Items
The following items have been identified for approval as part of the consent agenda. If a member of the board would wish to remove any item(s) from this agenda for further discussion prior to taking action, please let either the superintendent or board president know.
1. Treasurer’s Report
a. Authorize the treasurer to invest interim and inactive funds
b. Authorize the treasurer to make advance draws on tax settlements
c. Authorize the treasurer to make short-term loans to pay current expenses. Signature of president or vice president required.
d. Authorize the treasurer to pay bills within the limits of the appropriations
e. Authorize the treasurer to make modifications within the appropriations as needed
f. Authorize the treasurer to purchase or renew performance bonds
g. Authorize the treasurer to be the designee for the Boards Certified Public Records training
2. Superintendent’s Report
a. Grant superintendent authority to accept resignations between board meetings subject to ratification by the board
b. Grant superintendent authority to hire employees between board meetings subject to ratification by the board
c. Grant superintendent the authority to approve employee attendance at meetings and
d. Appoint purchasing agents for 2021 (currently superintendent and treasurer)
e. Appointment of administrative officer with authority to submit application to participate in
federal and state programs (currently superintendent)
f. Accept superintendent’s report of enrollment for purpose of establishing the board service fund (843)
g. Appoint the Superintendent as the authorized representative to the Mercer-Auglaize Area Schools Employee Welfare Benefit Trust.
h. Authorize the superintendent to employ personnel and/or contract with community members to assist with the operation of sports tournaments held at Minster School facilities.
i. Reaffirm that all board policies in effect on the date of this organizational meeting are continued in full force and effect unless modified by subsequent action of the board pursuant to ORC 3301-35-02.
VI. Move to Regular Monthly Meeting