LIMA — Lima’s Housing Task Force will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 5 via GoToMeeting.
Lima Housing Task Force
Meeting 2: January 5, 2021; 2:00pm – 3:30pm
Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Participants can also dial in using a phone
United States: 1(224)501-3412
Access Code: 871-169-845
Task Force Charge: The City of Lima has created the Lima Housing Task Force to
gain a full understanding of the existing housing inventory in Lima, identify
housing needs in which the Lima housing market ought to meet, and provide
holistic and sustainable recommendations and strategies to improve the quality
and availability of housing in the city, stabilize and increase population, reduce
blight, improve property values, and attract private investment.
Please arrive at least 5 minutes early so that we can begin on time!
(1) Minutes from the 12/1/2021 Meeting
(2) Harsany Housing Assessment
(3) Ohio Housing Finance Agency 2021 Housing Needs Assessment
a. Can be found at: https://ohiohome.org/hna-20/executivesummaryhna.aspx
Purpose (for today’s session):
(1) Identify strategies / policies for each subcommittee to explore.
(1) Draft list of strategies / policies for each subcommittee to explore
1. Introduction - Review of Key points from subcommittee meetings -
Sharetta Smith, City of Lima Chief of Staff & LHTF Chair
2. Opening Remarks - Mayor David Berger, City of Lima Mayor
3. Approval of Minutes- Sharetta Smith, City of Lima Chief of Staff & LHTF
Overview of Local Housing Needs” by Dr. Katie Fallon, PhD
Director of Housing Policy, Ohio Housing Finance Agency
5. Task Force Member Discussion
a. Review of Harsany Recommendations / Strategies
b. How can the community be engaged in providing feedback?
c. How can the community be educated about the issue and the
6. Public Comments
7. Closing Comments