• There were 10 new deaths in Van Wert County; one death in Auglaize County and one death in Hardin County reported on Tuesday.
Some of the deaths reported Tuesday are the result of a backlog between county health departments and the Ohio Department of Health.
Among those newly reported deaths in Van Wert County are a woman in her 50s who was hospitalized in late October; a woman in her 70s and three other women in their 80s whose dates of death are unknown; and three men in their 70s whose dates of death are also unconfirmed.
• Ohio reported 98 new deaths attributed to COVID-19 on Tuesday, the second highest single-day record.
• There are now 4,449 Ohioans hospitalized with COVID-19, or about one-fourth of all Ohio hospital patients.
• The first batch of coronavirus vaccines for Ohio is expected to arrive by Dec. 15, Gov. Mike DeWine said on Tuesday. The first doses will be prioritized for healthcare workers and those who work directly with COVID-19 patients. DeWine said the state is in the process now of planning for vaccine distrubtion.
• DeWine on Tuesday asked schools that plan to offer winter sports to do so without fans.
• Ohio’s new retail compliance unit reported 90% compliance with the state’s mask mandate since DeWine reissued the mask order two weeks ago.
• DeWine continued his “slow down” message on Tuesday, encouraging Ohioans to “pull back,” or reduce the number of people outside their household they interact with each day to reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Cases ` 4,606 ` +48
Deaths ` 85 `0
Recovered ` 2,958 ` +106
Cases ` 2,310 ` +78
Deaths ` 31 ` +1
Recovered ` 1,535 ` +65
Cases ` 910 ` +49
Deaths ` 19 `+1
Recovered ` 481 ` +23
Cases ` 2,247 ` +33
Deaths ` 49 ` 0
Recovered ` 1,571 ` +66
Van Wert County
Cases ` 932 ` +35
Deaths ` 16 ` +10
Recovered ` 464 ` +25
Cases ` 371,908 ` +8,604
Deaths ` 6,118 ` +98
Recovered ` 236,618 ` +5,940
Recovered defined as symptom onset more than 21 days prior, not deceased.
Updated 2 p.m. 11/24/20
Share your information at firstname.lastname@example.org.