LIMA — The City of Lima’s administration identified who would be a part of the City of Lima Housing Task Force during Lima City Council’s Monday night meeting.
Meant to push forward a community-wide discussion, the housing task force includes 45 diverse members from both the private and public sectors. The end goal of the group is to deliver workable solutions and legislation on the myriad housing problems that city residents face.
Councilor Jamie Dixon voiced some concerns about the size of the group. With so many members, he said he wants to make sure that the work is carried forward and managed effectively.
Mayor David Berger clarified that all the names submitted by the administration were those that had been solicited and later indicated their willingness to serve with the task-force. Later, members of the task-force will be broken down into smaller working subcommittees in order to be the most effective, he said.
“I don’t believe this is intended to be a cumbersome process. It requires more than just a few people being involved,” Berger said.
Those who have agreed to serve on the task force include:
• Patrick Beans, owner of Beam Designs
• Michael Blass, president of Blass Residential Services
• Robbin Clay, realtor with CCR Realty
• Ezekiel Cobb, investor
• Jeff Dulmage, owner of Hartsock Realty
• Ricardo Duncan, owner of J&R Home Improvement
• Tim Stanford, housing professional with Superior PLUS Realtors
• Lorenzo White, partner at J&C, LLC
• Dr. Arthur Butler, w/ Lima Area Black Ministerial Alliance
• Helen Douglas, executive director with Family Promise
• Dan Faraglia, program director with Coleman Services
• Jackie Fox, executive director of West Ohio Community Action Partnership
• Scott Frenger, executive director of New Lima-Housing for the Future
• Jermaine Harper, executive director of Urban Impact Community Development Corporation
• Bruce Hilty, executive director of Habitat for Humanity
• Marcel King, president and CEO of UMADAOP
• Beth Keehn, director of community relations with Mercy Health-St. Rita’s Medical Center
• Patrick Maloney, staff attorney with Legal Aid of Western Ohio
• Dr. Jeanette Passmore, student affairs at Rhodes State College
• Jessie Roark, president of LACNIP
• Brandi Schroeder, executive director of Lima’s Samaritan House
• Josh Unterbrink, co-director of Activate Allen County
• Russ Thomas, with We Care Regional Crisis Center
• Shane Coleman, executive director with the Lima/Allen County Regional Planning Commission
• Susan Crotty, community development director with City of Lima
• Peggy Ehora, 4th Ward councilor
• Tamara Curtis, executive director of Allen County Veterans Services
• Peggy Ehora, 4th Ward councilor
• Matt Elling, sanitarian with Allen County Public Health
• Sophia Fisher, planner with the City of Lima
• Derry Glenn, 6th Ward councilor
• Sharetta Smith, chief of staff with City of Lima
• Anna Schnippel, executive director of Allen Metropolitan Housing Authority
• Carla Thompson, 3rd Ward councilor
• T.C. Harris, resident
• Bill Jackson, resident
• April Nester, resident
• Jamesha Williamson, w/ the Millennial Action Pact
• Shaunna Basinger, executive director with Downtown Lima, Inc.
• Rick Kortokrax, senior vice president with Huntington National Bank
• Gwendolyn Lane, treasurer with Lima African American Chamber of Commerce
• Jed Metzger, president and CEO of Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce
• Doug Olsson, executive director of Greater Lima Region, Inc.
• Shannon Tyler, community development division at Premier Bank
Reach Josh Ellerbrock at 567-242-0398.