TWO NEW DEATHS REPORTED IN REGION
Two more deaths have been attributed to COVID-19 in the 24-hour period ending at 2 p.m. Thursday, according to statistics from the Ohio Department of Health.
One death was in Allen County, where a 59-year-old man died, according to Allen County Public Health.
The other death was in Putnam County, where the most recent reported death attributed to coronavirus was Sunday.
• Allen County and Auglaize County are Level 2/Orange in the latest map for the Ohio Public Health Advisory System, meaning an increased exposure and spread. Mercer and Putnam counties remain at Level 3/Red. Van Wert and Hardin counties were in Level 1/Yellow.
• The Christmas Tree Festival at the Allen County Museum has been canceled. The festival was organized by the museum in partnership with Church Women United of the Lima Area and Johnny Appleseed Metropolitan Park District. Committee members determined the high-volume crowds for this popular event would be unwise due to the pandemic. This year would have been the 48th year.
A virtual exhibition of trees is being planned. The exhibition will include photos of current or past holiday trees. The photo submission deadline is Nov. 16 for the exhibition, which is planned to open online Dec. 2. Dec. 2 would have been the festival’s opening.
A tree lighting will begin at 6 p.m. Dec. 4 in the Children’s Garden, which will be decorated for the holiday. Details will be announced later.
• The state has launched a Schools Dashboard and Children’s Dashboard to provide school districts and parents information. Both are available at coronavirus.ohio.gov.
• The first documented case of the flu in the state has occurred in Putnam County, according to Gov. DeWine. He urged people to get flu shots.
• The state is monitoring wastewater in more than 30 cities for COVID-19 and will expand that to more than 50 cities in the next month.
Cases ` 1,337 ` +13
Deaths ` 67 ` +1
Recovered ` 1,103 ` +22
Cases ` 547 ` +17
Deaths ` 9 ` 0
Recovered ` 414 ` +10
Cases ` 246 ` -1
Deaths ` 13 ` 0
Recovered ` 212 ` +1
Cases ` 509 ` +5
Deaths ` 19 ` +1
Recovered ` 328 ` +10
Van Wert County
Cases ` 111 ` +3
Deaths ` 3 ` 0
Recovered ` 89 ` +1
Cases ` 141,585 ` +1,067
Deaths ` 4,580 ` +25
Recovered ` 119,690 ` +1,247
Recovered defined as symptom onset more than 21 days prior, not deceased.
Updated 2 p.m. 9/17/20
Share your information at email@example.com.