Today’s Lima News Daily Briefing


ONLY ON LIMAOHIO.COM

Subscribe to podcasts from The Lima News, including the Lima News Daily Briefing, at LimaOhio.com/podcasts.

Here are today’s top stories from The Lima News for Thursday, Aug. 13.

It was the first day of school Wednesday for both Lima and Elida schools. Superintendents for both schools report everything went smoothly despite changes needed to address the coronavirus pandemic. Read more.

As of Wednesday, 68.5% of Allen County residents have filled out either an online census form or submitted their information via telephone or mail. To capture the data from the remaining 31.5%, census workers have begun knocking on doors this week. Read more.

Today’s podcast is sponsored by Fat Jack’s Pizza. Fat Jack’s Pizza dining rooms are now open at two locations, on Spencerville Road and on West Street in Lima, and carryout only at the Findlay Road location. Their combination subs are back, for only $5.75. Fat Jacks, celebrating 45 years as Limaland’s favorite pizza.

Testimony was held Wednesday in the murder trial of a Lima man accused with murder in the 2018 stabbing death of his father. Timothy Youngblood will learn his fate Monday when Judge Jeffrey Reed announces his verdict. Read more.

Marathon Petroleum Corporate has donated an electrostatic sprayer decontamination machine to the Shawnee Fire Department to help the department sanitize its vehicles and units regularly amid the coronavirus pandemic. Read more.

In Sports, Lima Central Catholic found a way to fill out its six-game football schedule. It will play against teams in the Blanchard Valley Conference this fall. Read more.

Learn more about these stories and more in The Lima News and online at LimaOhio.com.

https://www.limaohio.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2020/08/web1_LimaNewsDailyBriefing-FatJacks-12.jpg

ONLY ON LIMAOHIO.COM

Subscribe to podcasts from The Lima News, including the Lima News Daily Briefing, at LimaOhio.com/podcasts.

SoundCloudID: 874822054

Post navigation