PAULDING — Paulding Putnam Electric Cooperative members recently donated $12,615 to several organizations through the co-op’s Operation Round Up program.
Participating members “round up” their monthly electric bills to the next dollar, with the extra pennies being used to help fund community charities and groups. Each quarter, the funds are dispersed to local causes that apply for funding.
Among the recent recipients were:
• Putnam County YMCA, $2,500 for second grade swim lessons.
• Quarry Farm Nature Preserve and Conservation, Pandora, $1,600 for trail signage, virtual mapping and tours.
•Van Wert County Council on Aging, $1,000 for water bottle refill station.
• Community Health Professionals of Van Wert, $1,500 for N95 masks.
• Wee Care Learning Center, Van Wert, $500 for motor development equipment.
• American Red Cross of Central Ohio; $1,200 for disaster relief and installing fire detectors in homes.