• COVID-19 cases, deaths
Allen County: Cases: 323. Deaths: 41. Updated 2 p.m. 7/7/20
Auglaize County: Cases: 107. Deaths: 4. Updated 2 p.m. 7/7/20
Hardin County: Cases: 123. Deaths: 12. Updated 2 p.m. 7/7/20
Putnam County: Cases: 129. Deaths: 15. Updated 2 p.m. 7/7/20
Van Wert County: Cases: 38. Deaths: 0. Updated 2 p.m. 7/7/20
Ohio: Cases: 58,904. Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 2,970. Updated 2 p.m. 7/7/20
• Auglaize County school superintendents met with that county’s health department on Tuesday to discuss a return to school plan for the fall.
Among the basic principles common to the schools:
— Each school district will implement recommended safety protocols to the highest degree.
— Each school district will work closely with the Auglaize County Health Department to promote safety in each school building.
— Each school district will be transparent with all stakeholders that some level of risk will always be present when students and school district employees occupy school district facilities.
— School districts recognize the need for consistency in areas of operations while recognizing that individual differences in classroom sizes, school facilities and building operations may lead to some inconsistencies.
— School districts will strongly encourage daily symptom checks for staff and students. Ill staff and students who have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will stay home and will be strongly encouraged to be tested by their family physician or local hospital.
All staff will be required to wear masks, while all students will be encouraged to do so.
School hours will be pushed back half an hour.
Superintendents in Putnam County are meeting on Wednesday and superintendents in Allen County will meet on Thursday with their respective health departments to go over plans to resume face-to-face education in August.
• Van Wert County had three new cases of COVID-19 and no deaths reported to the Ohio Department of Health in the 24-hour period ending at 2 p.m. Tuesday.
• Allen County had two new cases and no new deaths. The county is listed as a Level 2 in the updated county risk level alerts, while all other surrounding counties are in Level 1.
• Putnam County had one new case and no new deaths.
• Auglaize County and Hardin County had no new cases or deaths.
• Ohio had 948 new cases and 43 new deaths.
• Ohio State Rep. Stephanie Howse, the president of the Ohio Legislative Black Caucus, announced she tested positive for COVID-19.
• The state has issued an order allowing for contact and non-contact competition to resume for all sports if teams agree to all of the guidelines in the order, such as testing for all players, coaches, athletic trainers, support staff and officials before travel and competition and daily symptom assessments. Face masks are required for athletic trainers attending to players and strongly recommended for coaches and officials when possible. There must be social distancing by players who are not actively engaged in practice or competition, with immediate isolation for participants with symptoms.
• A new ad campaign from Procter & Gamble, the Outdoor Advertising Association and Ohio Association of Broadcasters is putting billboards and public service announcements out reading “When we’re out, masks on.”
Share your information at firstname.lastname@example.org.