• COVID-19 cases, deaths
Allen County: Cases: 214. Deaths: 33. Updated 2 p.m. 6/3/20
Auglaize County: Cases: 76. Deaths: 3. Updated: 2 p.m. 6/3/20
Hardin County: Cases: 64. Deaths: 0. Updated: 2 p.m. 6/3/20
Putnam County: Cases: 95. Deaths: 14. Updated: 2 p.m. 6/3/20
Van Wert County: Cases: 7. Deaths: 0. Updated: 2 p.m. 6/3/20
Ohio: Cases: 36,792 Deaths: 2,299. Updated: 2 p.m. 6/3/20
• Federal health authorities have received reports of nearly 26,000 U.S. nursing home residents dying from COVID-19, according to materials prepared for the nation’s governors. A letter from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports more than 60,000 cases of coronavirus illness among nursing home residents.
• Primaries Tuesday in eight U.S. states are the biggest test to date of campaigning during the coronavirus era, a way for parties to test-drive new ways of getting out the vote during a time when it can be dangerous to leave your home. Voters in Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Montana, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and South Dakota will cast ballots in both the Democratic presidential contest and a host of down-ballot primaries for everything from governors to state representatives.
• COVID-19 has disproportionately impacted black Americans, infecting and killing them at higher rates across the nation. Experts say the pandemic has also exacerbated existing economic disparities and raised fresh concerns about the survival of black businesses, many of which have been the backbone of cities like Detroit and Atlanta for years.
• Michigan lawmakers advanced a bill Wednesday that would allocate more than $1.2 billion in federal coronavirus relief funding, including $200 million to help small businesses restart as stay-at-home restrictions are loosened.
• The Barnes & Noble @ UNOH Bookstore will reopen Monday, June 8. Hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekdays. The Barnes & Noble Café will be closed until further notice to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Employees and customers will be required to wear face masks when entering the store. There are also floor markings to remind both employees and customers about physical distancing limitations.
Share your information at email@example.com.