• COVID-19 cases, deaths
Allen County: Cases: 121. Deaths: 23. Updated 2 p.m. 4/30/20
Auglaize County: Cases: 32. Deaths: 3. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/30/20
Hardin County: Cases: 25. Deaths: 0. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/30/20
Putnam County: Cases: 67. Deaths: 8. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/30/20
Van Wert County: Cases: 3. Deaths: 0. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/30/20
Ohio: Cases: 18,027. Deaths: 975. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/30/20
• AEP Ohio extended its Neighbor to Neighbor Utility Assistance Program through June 30. The program helps families who face the possibility of disconnection of service or who need to restore electric service. Learn more at AEPOhio.com/helpaneighbor.
• Staff and Independence Elementary in Lima planned a neighborhood drive-by parade to visit students starting at 4 p.m. Friday. Students are asked to come outside to say hello and wave as a caravan of staff cars go by their homes.
• The University of Findlay will participate in #GivingTuesdayNow on Tuesday. The goal is to raise funds to help future students afford tuition through scholarships and to kick-start the new UF Student Emergency Fund. Donate online at j.mp/2VRgtut.
• Since March 24 there have been 1,379 inmates released from Ohio penal institutions. The bulk of those were within 90 days of completing their sentences.
• Kroger announced its Dairy Rescue Program will help bring milk to support children and families through the summer months, donating 200,000 gallons of additional milk to food banks. The West Ohio Food Bank will receive milk from Tamarack Farms in partnership with Dairy Farmers of America.
• Ohio Northern University will offer a virtual degree conferral ceremony at 1 p.m. May 10 at facebook.com/OhioNorthern. The university still plans to hold an in-person ceremony at a future, yet-to-be-announced date.
• DJLimaOhio.com, Ohio Theatre and Woof Boom Lima radio station have teamed up to present “A Night to Remember,” a virtual prom from 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday, May 9. The event will be available at woofboomlima.com, where students can vote for their school’s prom king and queen and make music requests for the night.
• Lima’s Independence Elementary School’s staff will have a neighborhood drive-by parade beginning at 4 p.m. Friday.
Share your information at firstname.lastname@example.org.