• COVID-19 cases, deaths
Allen County: Cases: 103. Deaths: 18. Updated 2 p.m. 4/27/20
Auglaize County: Cases: 31. Deaths: 3. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/27/20
Hardin County: Cases: 22. Deaths: 0. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/27/20
Putnam County: Cases: 54. Deaths: 5. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/27/20
Van Wert County: Cases: 3. Deaths: 0. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/27/20
Ohio: Cases: 16,325. Deaths: 753. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/27/20
• Gov. Mike DeWine announced that on Friday, May 1, all health procedures not requiring an overnight stay in the hospital could move forward. Overnight stays are still permitted if there’s a chance of harming the life, dealing with pain or causing lasting damage if it’s not handled promptly.
• Dentists and veterinarians are allowed to work at full speed Friday, May 1.
• Manufacturing, distribution and construction may reopen on Monday, May 4. Any company opening or already open must follow five protocols for all businesses: Require face coverings; conduct daily health assessments; maintain good hygiene; clean and sanitize; and limit capacity to meet social distancing to 50% of fire code. Businesses should use appointment when possible.
• Businesses should report employees or customer infections to the local health department.
• Manufacturers must keep 6 feet between people or install barriers. They’re also asked to disinfect desks and workstations. They’re asked to stagger work shifts, breaks and lunches.
• On May 4, general offices can open as well.
• On May 12, consumer, retail and services can reopen as well. All employees should wear a facial covering. So should customers, DeWine said, but “we’re not going to mandate that.”
• The “stay-at-home” orders will be modified, but people can leave to work. The limit of 10 people to a gathering will remain in effect.
• Allen County saw its number of cases go downward. There are no new deaths reported today and no new hospitalizations.
• Vistaprint, a marketing materials supplier, has donated 1,000 face shields to Lima Memorial Health System.
• This year’s Juneteenth Lima, presented by the Council for the Arts of Greater Lima and Sigma Mu Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority, has been canceled, as has the Maria Stein Country Fest.
• The Lima St. Gerard Festival has been moved to July 31 to Aug. 2. It was originally slated for June 5 to 7.
Share your information at firstname.lastname@example.org.