• COVID-19 cases, deaths
Allen County: Confirmed cases: 100. Deaths: 14. Updated 2 p.m. 4/23/20
Auglaize County: Confirmed cases: 29. Deaths: 3. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/23/20
Hardin County: Confirmed cases: 20. Deaths: 0. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/23/20
Putnam County: Confirmed cases: 47. Deaths: 2. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/23/20
Van Wert County: Confirmed cases: 3. Deaths: 0. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/23/20
Ohio: Confirmed cases: 14,142. Death: 656. Updated: 2 p.m. 4/22/20
• Gov. Mike DeWine announced he would announce on Monday the plans to begin reopening Ohio starting May 1.
• Allen County identified 12 new cases and two new deaths. There are also 41 hospitalizations.
• Putnam County identified 24 new cases in a one-day span, up from 23 in the previous 24-hour period. There was also one new death reported.
• Auglaize County’s 29th case is a 93-year-old female. In that county, 79% of the cases are females, and 21% are males.
• Mercer County Health District reported 15 confirmed cases, 10 recovered cases, seven pending cases, 189 negative cases, one hospitalization and one death from COVID-19.
• Cooper Tire & Rubber Company announced it would reopen its plant in Findlay next week. The facility has been temporarily closed for approximately five weeks.
• Gov. Mike DeWine clarified that he wanted doctors to reach out to patients and reassess needs if they were scheduled for nonessential surgeries. Patients should call doctors if their conditions are worsening. He noted while hospitals can handle the additional patients, there are still shortages in personal protection equipment.
• FEMA is encouraging industries that use personal protective equipment to reduce, reuse and repurpose PPE to preserve supplies for healthcare workers, first responders and COVID-19 patients amid the national shortage of protective equipment.
• Cincinnati-based First Financial Bancorp. has donated more than $25,000 to Allen and Van Wert County organizations as part of its $1 million pledge to fund COVID-19 relief efforts. Recipients include the United Way of Greater Lima, the West Ohio Food Bank and the Salvation Army of Van Wert.
Share your information at email@example.com.