Here are the latest details about the state and region’s issues with the COVID-19 pandemic:
• The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services has a list of approved pandemic child care centers, updated Wednesday morning. There is one family child care home in our area approved for pandemic child care, noted with an asterisk. Visit http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/CoronavirusAndChildcareForFamilies/
ABC123 Enrichment, 600 N. West St., Lima, 419-228-5439
Cornerstone Early Learning Center, 2000 N. Cole St., Lima, 419-228‐9157
First Baptist Daycare, 451 N. Cable Road, Lima, 419-224‐4921
Learning Castle Child Care Center West, 1251 N. Cole St., Lima, 567-712-6295
Lima Family YMCA, 345 S. Elizabeth St., Lima, 419-223-6045, ext. 116
Robin Rogers Day Service, 546 S. Collett St., Lima, 419-225‐6285
The Arc of Allen County, 546 S. Collett St., Lima, 419-226‐6285
The Learning Tree Childcare Center, 775 S. Thayer Road, Lima, 419-229-5484
Tiny Tech University, 4400 Spencerville Road, Lima, 567-289‐6711
Trinity Center for Creative Childcare, 301 W. Market St., Lima, 419-224-2909
Family Y Learning Center, 714 E. Monroe St., New Bremen, 419-629‐2507
Imaginative Beginnings LCC, 56 N. Main St., Minster, 419-501‐2215
TLC Learning Center, 1516 Celina Road, St. Marys, 419-394‐4500
Almost Home, 801 E. Lincoln St., Findlay, 419-427‐2721
Almost Home, 800 Canterbury Drive, Findlay, 419-427‐2721
Around the Clock, 20613 state Route 37, Mt. Blanchard, 419-694-1164
Around the Clock, 920 McManness, Findlay, 419-423‐5967
Children’s Corner, 2125 Park St., Findlay, 419-422-0618
Early Years Family Childcare Center, 222 Center St., Findlay, 567-250‐9040
Findlay YMCA Child Development, 231 E. Lincoln St., Findlay, 419-422‐3174
Owens Early Learning Center, 3200 Bright Road, Findlay, 567-429-3159
Sarah Wallen, 1299 First St., Findlay, 419-420‐5220*
Green Hills Child Care Center, 6557 U.S. 68 S, West Liberty, 937-465‐7015
Little Learners Christian Day Care, 345 Washington St., Bellefontaine, 937-593-2347
Theresa’s Gingerbread House III, 501 W. Baird St., West Liberty, 937-650-8006
Bright Future Daycare and Preschool, 402 Stachler Drive, St. Henry, 419-678-8619
Daycare Discoveries LCC, 8035 Flyer Drive, Maria Stein, 419-925-3025
Kids Kastle LCC, 6783 Staeger Road, Celina, 419-586-0903
Bright Horizons Preschool, 200 N. Main St., Miller City, 419-231-2088
Hilty Child Care Center, 304 Hilty Drive, Pandora, 419-384-3220
Loving Care Learning Center, 360 N. Locust St., Ottawa, 419-523‐3133
Putnam County YMCA, 101 Putnam Parkway, Ottawa, 419-523‐5233
Shelby Hills Early Childhood, 1200 Childrens Home Road, Sidney, 937-498‐4566
Y Child Development Center, 300 E. Parkwood, Sidney, 937-498‐2273
Van Wert County
Wee Care Learning Center, 10485 Van Wert Decatur Road, Van Wert, 419-238-9918
• The Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce and United Way are encouraging people to support local businesses by purchasing gift cards and donating them to the COVID-19 Community Response and Relief Fund. Make an appointment for drop-off at 419-222-6045.
• There are now 704 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ohio, in 55 counties. There are 10 deaths so far. There are 182 hospitalizations, with 75 admissions in intensive care units.
• Counties affected include Ashland (1), Ashtabula (3), Belmont (3), Butler (18), Carroll (3), Champaign (1), Clark (2), Clermont (5), Clinton (2), Columbiana (4), Coshocton (4), Crawford (1), Cuyahoga (206), Darke (1), Defiance (2), Delaware (12), Erie (2), Fairfield (5), Fayette (1), Franklin (88), Gallia (1), Geauga (4), Greene (3), Hamilton (48), Hancock (1), Highland (1), Huron (2), Knox (2), Lake (14), Lawrence (1), Licking (3), Logan (2), Lorain (37), Lucas (23), Madison (2), Mahoning (42), Marion (4), Medina (22), Mercer (1), Miami (19), Montgomery (14), Pickaway (1), Portage (4), Richland (4), Sandusky (1), Seneca (1), Stark (12), Summit (43), Trumbull (9), Tuscarawas (3), Union (3), Warren (8), Washington (1), Wayne (1) and Wood (3).
• The age range is 1 to 94, with a median age of 51. The virus has affected 53 percent females and 47 percent males in Ohio.
• The Mercer County Health District reported a resident of that county tested positive for COVID-19. The district declined to release any information about that person. The staff of the health district is trying to identify and notify any close contacts of that person who may have been exposed to the positive COVID-19 case. People with questions can call the Mercer County Health District COVID-19 Call Center at 567-890-2616 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Delphos Senior Citizens is making wellness calls to seniors and hosting telephone bingo while the senior center is closed. The center will continue transporting clients older than 60 to medical appointments and can pick up prescriptions or groceries for seniors. Call 419-692-1331 for information or to schedule an appointment.
• The City of Lima is holding on shutting off water for customers who are unable to pay bills due to the virus outbreak, and recent shut-offs have been turned back on.
Share your information at email@example.com.