Early Monday fire causes $20,000 in damages to Lima residence

LIMA — An early morning fire Monday caused an estimated $20,000 to a residential structure and left three firefighters injured.

According to a spokesman for the Lima Fire Department, firefighters were dispatched at 5:16 a.m. Monday to 512 W. Faurot Ave. in response to the report of a structure fire. Upon their arrival, firemen observed smoke coming from the home and quickly extinguished the blaze that is believed to have started between the basement and first floor of the structure. The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical in nature.

Two firemen were transported to an area hospital and later released, and another fireman was treated at the scene for minor injuries. the department spokesman said.

The home is owned by CAJ Rentals.


Post navigation