LIMA — Midwest Electric plans to invest $5.6 million in power reliability and electric operations in 2020.
Anticipated projects, according to a press release from Midwest Electric:
• Installation of a supervisory control and data acquisition system, which the electric cooperative says will reduce the length of major power outages by using automation to remotely transfer loads. The SCADA project will continue in Rockford, Jonestown and Spencerville areas, and the Cridersville substation.
• Line rebuilding in Chickasaw, Kossuth, Lake and Noble substation and metering point areas, along with the rebuilding of 2.5 miles of transmission line to connect the co-op’s substations in Marathon and Macedon.
• Underground line rebuilds in the Meadowbrook (Cridersville), Southmoor Shores (St. Marys) and Beverly Hills (Wapakoneta) subdivisions.
• Pole testing in Chickasaw.
• Tree trimming in Noble, Jonestown, Rockford, Spencerville, Macedon, Sharpsburg, St. Henry, Coldwater and Chickasaw substation areas.