Spencerville-area house explodes, 1 taken to St. Vincent’s in Toledo


By Sam Shriver - sshriver@limanews.com



House explosion mills road Saturday evening.  Richard Parrish | The Lima News

House explosion mills road Saturday evening. Richard Parrish | The Lima News


Richard Parrish | The Lima News

An explosion occurred at a house on Mills Road Saturday evening. A person working on a water heater in a house on Mills Road was hurt Saturday evening.

An explosion occurred at a house on Mills Road Saturday evening. A person working on a water heater in a house on Mills Road was hurt Saturday evening.


Richard Parrish | The Lima News

SPENCERVILLE — A Spencerville-area house was damaged Saturday afternoon after an occupant of the home tried to light a propane water heater and it exploded.

According to Spencerville Fire Chief Dave Evans, the incident occurred at 3:47 p.m. Saturday.

According to the Allen County Auditor’s website, the house, at 1675 Mills Road, is owned by Karl Mauk II. He was upstairs and wasn’t hurt. However, another unnamed man was injured and was taken to Mercy Health-St. Rita’s Medical Center by a private vehicle then transported to St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Toledo.

The Auditor’s website indicates the two-story home is worth $138,900.

House explosion mills road Saturday evening. Richard Parrish | The Lima News
https://www.limaohio.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2019/08/web1_house-RP03.jpgHouse explosion mills road Saturday evening. Richard Parrish | The Lima News Richard Parrish | The Lima News
An explosion occurred at a house on Mills Road Saturday evening. A person working on a water heater in a house on Mills Road was hurt Saturday evening.
https://www.limaohio.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2019/08/web1_house-RP01.jpgAn explosion occurred at a house on Mills Road Saturday evening. A person working on a water heater in a house on Mills Road was hurt Saturday evening. Richard Parrish | The Lima News

By Sam Shriver

sshriver@limanews.com

Post navigation