SPENCERVILLE — A Spencerville-area house was damaged Saturday afternoon after an occupant of the home tried to light a propane water heater and it exploded.
According to Spencerville Fire Chief Dave Evans, the incident occurred at 3:47 p.m. Saturday.
According to the Allen County Auditor’s website, the house, at 1675 Mills Road, is owned by Karl Mauk II. He was upstairs and wasn’t hurt. However, another unnamed man was injured and was taken to Mercy Health-St. Rita’s Medical Center by a private vehicle then transported to St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Toledo.
The Auditor’s website indicates the two-story home is worth $138,900.