LIMA — An ozone alert has been issued by the Allen County Health Department and the Allen County office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
According to the agencies, citizens are encouraged to take voluntary actions to help reduce ozone production. Recommendations:
• Ride to work or school with a friend
• Walk or ride your bike on shorter trips
• Park your vehicle in shaded area
• Delay mowing your lawn until after the alert period
• Fuel vehicles in early morning or after 6 p.m.
• Avoid cooking out over charcoal during the alert period
For details, visit allen-ema.com/environment/ozoneaction-plan/