LIMA — An ozone alert has been issued for daylight hours from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, July 19 for Allen County residents. Alerts are issued by the Allen County Health Department and the Allen County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
During the ozone alert, Allen County residents are encouraged to voluntarily reduce ozone production. Ways to do this include:
• Ride to work or school with a friend
• Walk or ride your bike on shorter trips
• Park your vehicle in shaded areas
• Delay mowing your lawn until after the alert period
• Fuel up vehicles in early morning or after 6:00 p.m.
• Avoid cooking out over charcoal during the alert period
More information can be found at https://www.allen-ema.com/environment/ozone-action-plan/.