WAPAKONETA — Charges are pending against seven individuals from Auglaize and Mercer counties following a sweep conducted Friday by the Grand Lake Task Force.
Auglaize County Sheriff Al Solomon on Tuesday released the names of those people arrested in raids following the issuance of grand jury indictments. He said the arrests were a result of a lengthy investigation by undercover officers with the Grand Lake Task Force. Agencies involved in the cases and arrests are the Auglaize County Sheriff’s Office, The Grand Lake Task Force, the Auglaize County Prosecutor’s Office, and police departments from Wapakoneta, St. Marys, Cridersville and New Bremen.
Those arrested are:
• Wayne Storer, of St. Marys, one count trafficking methamphetamines, one count trafficking in fentanyl and one count possession of methamphetamines;
• Dustin Gross, of Celina, one count trafficking in fentanyl;
• Trevor Poppe, of St. Marys, two counts trafficking in Alprazolam; one count trafficking in methamphetamines/fentanyl and count trafficking in Oxycodone;
• Dustin Pahanish, of Wapakoneta, one count trafficking in methamphetamines and one count trafficking in methamphetamines;
• Nathan Carder, of Wapakoneta, one count possession of methamphetamines;
• Bryan Wessel, of Cridersville, one count tampering and one count possession of Hydrocodone; and
• Tyler Smith, of Cridersville, one count possession of cocaine.
Solomon said he is “happy with the amount of arrests and the hard work of the law enforcement officers involved. There may be more arrests coming. The cases are still under investigation, so there will be no further comment at this time.”
Reach J Swygart at 567-242-0464.