LIMA — There will be an eight-week group meeting offering support, education and hope for families in transition due to divorce and/or remarriage from 6 to 7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, Jan. 15 through April 5 at the Cornerstone of Hope, 2963 Blue Jacket Court, Lima.
The cost is $30 per family unit attending. The group is open to any parents who are co-parenting or are part of a step-family. Parents can attend individually or with a co-parent or spouse.
Group members will:
• Implement meaningful personal and parental responsibility
• Process realistic expectations in current family dynamic
• Learn positive communication/relationship skills, including health expression of emotions by parents and children
• Recognize and improve effective parenting styles, implement healthy boundaries and navigate discipline and consequences
• Understand what children need from parents
During the group meeting, there will also be a separate group, Kids Navigating Divorce, open to grades first through fourth.