Fire forces family to evacuate Lima home for the season


LIMA — A family of five was forced from their home Wednesday morning when an electrical fire damaged the home they were renting.

According to a spokesman for the Lima Fire Department, firefighters were dispatched at 6:58 a.m. Wednesday to 550 W. Ontario St. in reference to a residential fire. Upon their arrival fireman quickly extinguished an exterior fire that originated from the electrical meter on the home owned by Michael Daily, of Sidney.

Damage was estimated at $3,000 to the property and $1,000 to the contents of the home.

Electrical service was disconnected from the home, forcing a family of renters to seek emergency lodging. The names of the family members were not immediately available.

The Red Cross was contacted and helped the family locate temporary housing. Contact the Lima office of the American Red Cross at 419-227-5121 to inquire about the needs of the affected family and how donations may be made.

https://www.limaohio.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2018/12/web1_Fire-6.jpg

Post navigation