LIMA — Lima firefighters used a ladder truck to rescue a man from the roof of a burning home early Friday morning.
According to a spokesman from the Lima Police Department, firefighters were dispatched at 2:09 a.m. to a residence at 568 S. Harrison St. in reference to a house fire. Upon their arrival, firefighters found the first floor of the two-story residence to be on fire from what was later determined to be a cooking incident.
A man inside the home attempted to flee the fire but was unable to get out the front door of the home due to heavy smoke, according to the report. Firefighters found him on the porch roof and got him down safely.
Damage to the property and contents was set at $25,000. The property is owned by Michael Roebuck. The resident of the home was listed as Kiesha Smith.