LIMA — Lima fire investigators say electrical wiring problems were to blame for a blaze that broke out at 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
According to Lima Fire Cpt. Kevin Clark, firefighters were called to 1232 Hazel Ave. When crews arrived, they found heavy fire showing from the front of the house extending to the roof line. A vehicle parked in the driveway was also on fire.
An elderly woman who had been inside got out safely thanks to a neighbor.
An investigation determined an electrical fire started between the first-floor ceiling and the attic floor on the east end of the residence.
The home sustained an estimated $40,000 in damages.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU