LIMA — Lima City Council has few new resolutions on its Monday meeting agenda outside of second readings of resolutions considering liquor permits and a smattering of housekeeping ordinances. Council will meet at 7 p.m. in the Lima Municipal Building.
Resolutions “008” and “009” concern canceling a former resolution that withdraws the city’s objection to the renewal of a liquor license held by Derek Solomon and Bisman Investments. The two entities are involved with Beantown Saloon, and the city council formerly withdrew their objection at an earlier meeting. Now, council is considering a do-over.
The resolution to cancel the former resolution failed to pass at its first reading two weeks ago.
Other ordinances on the council’s agenda include:
• The second reading to authorize the recommendations of the Tax Incentive Review Council except for an amendment concerning Thor Leasing
• Levying special assessments for a long list of properties for maintenance code violations
• Authorizing the appointment of Byron Seldon to the Lima Civil Service Board
• Allowing Square Fair, Inc. to hold “Toast to the City” 2018 in Lima’s Town Square from Aug. 2 to Aug. 3
• Establishing a reconfigured set of classifications and salary guidelines for city employees
• Entering into a contract with Alpha Medical Billing Associates to provide ambulance billing services for the Fire Department
• Dealing with funds from a NatureWorks Grant that pays for playground equipment at Lincoln Park
Reach Josh Ellerbrock at 567-242-0398.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU