Fire destroys Bath Township mobile home

Submitted Photo

Submitted Photo

LIMA — A mobile home in Bath Township is a total loss after a fire Saturday afternoon.

After firefighters from Bath Township Fire Department were alerted of the fire at 1912 E. Elm St., Lot 22, they arrived to find heavy fire conditions at the rear of the structure. The trailer, owned by Offenbacher MHC LLC of Wapakoneta, was leased to Nicole Gessel. She and her pets were able to escape the fire unharmed, according to the fire department.

Firefighters remained on the scene for two hours battling the fire, which rendered the trailer a total loss. All of the interior contents of the home were destroyed. The trailer had an estimated value of $2,500. According to a release from the fire department, Gessel did not have renter’s insurance. She is being assisted by the Allen County chapter of the American Red Cross.

While Gessel reported that she smelled smoke earlier in the day and that she had been experiencing electrical issues, the exact cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

Submitted Photo Photo

More Stories

Post navigation