DELPHOS — Delphos Fire Rescue responded to a structure fire at GreenFiber Insulation Company, 1601 Gressel Drive, at around 4:43 p.m. Monday after a small blaze broke out in the building’s processing center.
No injuries were reported as the business’s employees were evacuated in time.
The 25,000 square foot industrial structure suffered fire damage, but the building remains structurally sound, Delphos Fire Rescue Chief Kevin Streets said.
The exact cause of the fire remains unclear, but Streets said the fire may have potentially started due to a machinery malfunction potentially involving overheated metal that may have been too close to the processed paper insulation.
The cause and extant of the damages will be investigated by the end of the week, Streets said. GreenFiber was the site of a similar small fire in 2002.
The Spencerville Fire Department, Fort Jennings Fire Department and American Township Fire Department also responded.
Reach Josh Ellerbrock at 567-242-0398.