Fire damages Hazel Avenue home

LIMA — An alert neighbor is credited with notifying a Hazel Avenue homeowner that their house was on fire Sunday.

According to the Lima Fire Department, at 5:23 p.m., the neighbor noticed smoke and flames coming from a fireplace flue pipe toward the back of the house, located at 1146 Hazel Ave., and alerted those inside of the fire. The home is owned by Wesley Gilroy.

The fire had traveled up the chimney into the attic. Damages are listed at $17,000.

No one was hurt in the fire, according to the fire department.

Post navigation