Faulty wiring blamed in Tuesday morning fire on Eastown Road


By J Swygart - jswygart@limanews.com



American Township firefighters attend to an attic fire at 1826 North Eastown Road on Tuesday morning. Craig J. Orosz | The Lima News

American Township firefighters attend to an attic fire at 1826 North Eastown Road on Tuesday morning. Craig J. Orosz | The Lima News


Craig J. Orosz | The Lima News

LIMA — A Tuesday morning fire at a home occupied by four University of Northwestern Ohio students sustained an estimated $10,000 in damages when electrical wiring sparked an attic fire.

Firefighters from American Township were dispatched at approximately 9:30 a.m. to 1826 N. Eastown Road, Lima, in response to the report of a fire. Upon their arrival, firemen observed smoke coming from the eaves of the home. According to a spokesman for the department, the attic was filled with smoke but crews quickly extinguished a small fire. It was determined that faulty electrical wiring had sparked a blaze that burned through a roof rafter.

The rental property is owned by Eastown Road LLC. Eastown Road was closed for part of the morning due to the fire.

American Township firefighters attend to an attic fire at 1826 North Eastown Road on Tuesday morning. Craig J. Orosz | The Lima News
https://www.limaohio.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2018/01/web1_Attic-fire_01co.jpgAmerican Township firefighters attend to an attic fire at 1826 North Eastown Road on Tuesday morning. Craig J. Orosz | The Lima NewsCraig J. Orosz | The Lima News

By J Swygart

jswygart@limanews.com

Reach J Swygart at 567-242-0464.

Reach J Swygart at 567-242-0464.

More Stories


Post navigation