WAPAKONETA — Auglaize County Sheriff Al Solomon reported five people were arrested earlier this week on various drug charges.
The arrests were the result of an ongoing investigation by the Auglaize/Mercer County Grand Lake Drug Task Force. Solomon said more arrests are expected.
Those arrested remained in the Auglaize County Jail on Wednesday morning:
• Danelle D. Hines, 26, of St. Marys, was jailed on two counts of trafficking in drugs (suspected to be methamphetamine).
• Benjamin R. Hoge, 37, Wapakoneta, was charged with one count of trafficking in drugs and one count of possession of drugs, suspected to be methamphetamine.
• Delores E. Levi, 35, of Wapakoneta, faces a single count of trafficking in drugs.
• Austin J. Mullins, 27, of St. Marys, is also charged with one count of trafficking in drugs.
• Cherity A. Shaffer, 37, of Wapakoneta, faces charges of trafficking in drugs, two counts of possession of drugs (suspected to be methamphetamine or cocaine) and one count of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity.
“With the heroin epidemic and other drugs continuing to be a major problem, we have to stay on top of this,” Solomon said. “Auglaize County, cities and villages in this county are spending a lot of time, money and resources trying to stay ahead of this problem. We can’t do it alone and urge the public to help us with information.”
The sheriff said residents may call the Drug Task Force at 419-739-2966 with information and remain anonymous.
Other agencies assisting with the arrest were the Auglaize County Prosecutor’s Office, Wapakoneta Police Department, St. Marys Police Department and the Celina Police Department.