LIMA — With Black Friday less than a week away retailers are doing everything they can to reel in and provide the best deals for the 115.7 million customers the National Retail Federation expects to shop that day.
Although 56 percent of Americans have already started their holiday shopping, the other 44 percent still have more shopping to do, according to NRF. Some 35 percent of consumers said they enjoy holiday shopping because it is a family tradition, 23 percent said they like the holiday decorations and displays, and 18 percent said they like finding the perfect gift.
Menards, Walmart, Kohl’s, Macy’s, and Meijer officials believe they have the best deals this year to attract customers and satisfy their shopping needs.
Menards Black Friday sales will begin this year at 6 a.m. The company will have an official online flier out Monday. Last year, customers waited 30 minutes to get inside for Black Friday.
Holiday sales start early this year at Kohl’s. The company will offer $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent in stores and online beginning Monday through Saturday. Black Friday door busters will begin at midnight on Kohls.com and 5 p.m. in stores on Thanksgiving Day until 1 p.m. Friday.
“This is a fun, busy time for us, and shoppers are excited about the great deals they know they will find at Kohl’s,” said Kohl’s spokeswoman Jacquelyn Judkins. “We are hard at work creating a festive and inspiring atmosphere to ensure our customers find everything they need and want at Kohl’s this holiday.”
This year for Black Friday, Macy’s will be open at 5 p.m. Thursday. Macy’s spokeswoman Carolyn Ng, said that the company is excited about Black Friday,
“This day is one that makes you truly feel like the holidays are here and the season of giving has begun,” she said. “The store is lavishly decorated in holiday trim and décor and filled with people in great spirits looking to find the perfect gift for their loved ones.”
In order to get ready for Black Friday, Ng said that Macy’s has focused on the customer and has created a convenient and seamless shopping experience for them.
“We are prepped and ready to ensure the Black Friday holiday tradition will be extra special this year with tremendous deals in store and online on Black Friday, as well as during Cyber Week,” she said.
In addition to special sales prices, Macy’s offers rebates with many of its items.
“We keep the customer top of mind when deciding the best brands and merchandise to bring into the store,” she said. “We know our customer looks for great value when she shops at Macy’s and that’s what we aim to do all year round but especially during Black Friday.”
Walmart will begin its door buster deals at 6 a.m. Friday. Starting this year there will be color-coded departments on the Black Friday circular and popular store maps. Walmart’s spokeswoman Meggan Kring said this will make it visually easier for customers to navigate to the deals as they prep and shop on Black Friday. There will also be holiday helpers to support customers throughout the night and there will be great deals from now until Black Friday on both the Walmart app and on the website.
“Customers can be confident they will get the great deal they are looking for at Walmart,” Kring said. We will have the must-have items available at the best prices of the season with more availability than any other retailer.”
This year Meijer’s Black Friday sale will begin at 6 a.m. The company is starting its sales early as well. From Sunday until Saturday, Meijer has sales for select purchases. On Saturday. the company will offer its customers Santa Bucks, which allow them to get anywhere from $3 to $20 off their purchases.
“We were looking for deals to maximize their pocketbooks,” said Joe Hirschmugl, Meijer spokesman.
He said one of the advantages of shopping at Meijer is that it is open 24 hours a day so customers can shop even at midnight.
“We do everything we can to be available for our customers,” he said. “We expect a tremendous amount of people in our stores this holiday season especially with rebates and Santa bucks.”
Reach Camri Nelson at 567-242-0456 or on Twitter @CamriNews.